Next Level Jobs Training in Knox County Indiana
We often hear talk about the “skills gap” with our workforce. In Knox County we are doing something about it! We are fortunate to have VU right here at our back door. Download links to the two brochures that provide details of the program for both the employee and the employer are provided here along with five “rack cards” that provide more detail regarding the actual qualified classes offered through VU.
Indiana is taking the state’s workforce to the next level with a focus on the high-priority industries and high-demand jobs driving Indiana’s 21st Century economy forward. Two million Hoosiers need additional training to compete in the 21st Century workforce, and there will be over 1 million job openings in Indiana due to retirements and the creation of new jobs by 2025. Whether you’re a Hoosier looking for a better-paying job or an employer looking for a better-skilled workforce, Indiana’s Next Level Jobs initiative can help.
The “Next Level Jobs” initiative is an exciting innovation in Indiana. Here are some highlights of this grant opportunity for employees and employers:
- The grant covers full tuition costs for adults to earn career certificates in high-growth sectors of Indiana’s economy: advanced manufacturing, building and construction, health and life sciences, IT and business services, and transportation and logistics. The certificates can be earned through Vincennes University or Ivy Tech Community College campuses.
- Reimbursable training cost of up to $5,000 per newly trained employees that are trained, hired, and retained for at least six (6) months
- Application limit of $50,000 per employer
- Eligible businesses are in any of the following sectors: Advanced Manufacturing, IT/Business Services, Transportation and Logistics, Health Sciences, Building and Construction, and Agriculture
- Eligible training must be job skills training that ties to an in-demand occupation; HR training and job shadowing do not qualify.
Employer applications can be started by clicking here.
For specific information regarding Next Level Jobs visit VU’s web site.